Course overview block
The course overview block
The course overview block enables students to check their course progress.
What enrolled users see
- The course overview is displayed on a student's dashboard and displays three dropdowns:
- an option to sort by all, current, future, in progress, starred or hidden courses
- an option to display courses by last accessed or by title
- an option to display course by cards, summary or list view
The timeline tab, available in pre-3.6 versions is now a separate Timeline block.
Past, In Progress and Future courses
- For courses to appear in the 'Past' section, the course end date must be in the past or the course must be completed.
- For courses to appear in the 'In Progress' section, they must be not yet completed and the current date must be after the course start date. The current date must be before the end date, or there is no end date. Courses 'In progress 'displayed in the Course overview block match the courses displayed in the navigation drawer, although a site administration navigation setting can limit this number.
- For courses to appear in the 'Future' section, the student must be enrolled in them even though the course start date is in the future.
Starred and hidden courses
- To 'star' ('bookmark') a course click the three dots by its name and then click the star icon.
- To hide a course, click the three dots by its name and then click the hide icon.
- Courses may be filtered by starred or hidden courses. Alternatively,for starred courses. the Starred courses block may be added to the dashboard
How to make the percentages display on the Course overview
For the percentages to display, the course must have Activity completion enabled.
The percentages relate only to the percentage of activities with activity completion set that have been completed. The percentages do NOT relate to course completion.
The percentage calculation uses the total number of activities with activity completion set, regardless of whether they are hidden or have an access restriction. The only way to make the percentage reflect work assigned to date would be to not set activity completion for activities which are hidden or have an access restriction.