Building a course
The at the top allows you to edit the course. Next to it is the which give a list of actions that can be performed on the course.
Click the icon at the top right to go into edit mode.
It is important to exit edit mode when you are done editing, as it affects speed and performance.
The Add block are now active for you to add blocks to your course see Blocks
The could be a different colour due to your theme settings.
Move a course section
- To the left of the topic name is a drag handle
- Click and hold the drag handle and move the section up or down
Add course sections
Based on your course format the section could be topics or weeks
- Click Add topics/weeks
- Select the number of extra sections you wish and press
Delete a course section
With the editing turned on, click the
Edit to the right of the course section you wish to delete and then, from the menu that displays, click
All activities inside the section and their user data will also be deleted. Use the Recycle bin from the course actions at the top right of the page in line with the course name.
Blocks are displayed in the right column of the course page.
Add a block to the course page
Click on the at the top left of the page to add a block
Move a block
- To the left of the block name is a drag handle
- Click and hold the drag handle and move the block up or down
Activities and resources
Add an activity or resource to the course
Click to open the new activity chooser. Select an activity or resource then click the Add button, or simply double-click on the activity or resource name.
Alternatively, certain resources and activities may be added using drag and drop:
- To add a file, simply drag and drop it onto the course section where you'd like it to appear
- To add a folder of files, simply zip the folder then drag and drop it onto the course section where you'd like it to appear, answer 'Unzip files and create folder' to the popup dialogue, then click the upload button
- To add a SCORM package, simply drag and drop it onto the course section where you'd like it to appear, answer
Add a SCORM packageto the popup dialogue, then click the upload button
Hiding activities and resources
Sometimes you may want to display your course differently, or not have so many items on the page and just have links to that item.
To achieve this, with the editing turned on
- click the
Editto the right of the activity/resource section you wish to hide and then, from the menu that displays, click
Hide. It will now say
Hidden from users
- click the
Editto the right of the same activity/resource and click
Make available. It will now say
Available but not shown on course page
- You will then be able to make links to access that section by right clicking on the activity/resource section title and clicking
Copy link address
See the included
The Problem Solving Model sample course for how this is achieved.
Leave edit mode
- Click the icon to exit edit mode.